- Recommend nutrients to optimize body function and performance based on the latest research
Sport Nutrition Specialist Course (SNS)
The NCSF Sport Nutrition Specialist is a specialty qualification for fitness enthusiasts, fitness and allied health professionals looking to expand their expertise within the field of sport nutrition. This certificate program takes qualified candidates through an in-depth analysis of the underlying nutritional concepts and their applications for fitness professionals and sports coaches. Whether you are looking to expand your knowledge on nutrition, work with highly trained athletes or addressing the weight loss needs of a client, the NCSF Sport Nutrition Specialist Certificate provides the expertise necessary to excel in this highly specific field.
You will learn how to:
- Plan & monitor nutritional status for anabolic adaptations, effective fat loss, and body composition for health and sport performance
- Evaluate nutrient & supplementation requirements for human performance and function
- Calculate nutrient requirements & manage nutrient-timing to accelerate adaptations to training
NCSF is one of the largest fitness certification organizations in the USA. The NCSF Sport Nutrition Specialist is well recognized worldwide.
In the USA, NCSF has worked extensively with virtually every national fitness facility chain in the development, training and certification of current and future fitness personnel. NCSF personal trainer courses have also been peer reviewed and approved as a continuing education provider by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification, American Physical Therapy Association as well as the Commission for Dietetic Registration - the credentialing agency for the American Dietetic Association. No other personal trainer organization has earned as much recognition as the NCSF.
Locally, NCSF certified personal trainers work in all major gym & personal training establishments such as:
- Gold's Gym Singapore
- Fitness First
- True Fitness
- Pure Fitness
- Virgin Active
- Anytime Fitness
- Results Personal Training
- BodyFit Training (BFT)
GymmBoxx & many more...
What Topics Are Covered?
- Chapter 1. Nutrients
- Chapter 2. Nutrients and Recommended Intakes
- Chapter 3. Fuel Sources for Muscle and Exercise Metabolism
- Chapter 4. Energy
- Chapter 5. Gastric Emptying, Digestion, and Absorption
- Chapter 6. Carbohydrate
- Chapter 7. Fat
- Chapter 8. Protein and Amino Acids
- Chapter 9. Water Requirements and Fluid Balance
- Chapter 10. Vitamins and Minerals
- Chapter 11. Nutrition Supplements
- Chapter 12. Nutrition and Training Adaptations
- Chapter 13. Body Composition
- Chapter 14. Weight Management
- Chapter 15. Eating Disorders in Athletes
- Chapter 16. Nutrition and Immune Function in Athletes
Full Day Workshop
Setting up the diet plan:
- Dietary Intake Assessment via Diet history, FFQ, 3-5 day diet record
- Dietary Intake Analysis app/program
- Target calories and macronutrients % based on client’s goals, BMI, % body fat
- Meal planning, recipes
- Progress tracking
- Making practical adjustments
- How to break past a plateau
- Top 5 Myths
What, when & how:
- Portion Sizes, Useful Apps for tracking
- Different ethnic cuisines and pros/cons - Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Indian
- Different types of diet - vegan, gluten free, dairy free
- Label reading, supermarket shopping tips
- Eating out at restaurants, hawker centres
- Eating while traveling
- Pre/Post Workout - snacks, meals
- Top 5 Myths
- Nutritional Supplements - are they necessary?
- Female Hormones
- Popular diets - Keto, Paleo, Clean Eating, Intermittent Fasting etc.
- Special populations - Pre & post-natal, older adults, post menopause
- Top 5 Myths
Case studies for discussion:
- Fat / Weight Loss
- Gaining Muscle
- General Health
Your Instructor - Patsy Soh, MSc (Human Nutrition)
As a dietitian, Patsy believes being fit and healthy is a holistic experience. Hence nutrition, physical activity and emotional well being has to go hand in hand. To this end, Patsy completed her Certified Personal Trainer Course. This would better equip her to give exercise prescription in addition to dietary advice. She especially loves helping parents get back their fitness and back to a healthy body weight. Patsy is excited to help others achieve their weight loss/maintenance goals through practical nutrition and exercise prescriptions. Patsy is an avid sports person and especially loves running and is always looking to improve her PB times!
BSc (Human Nutrition)
PGrad Dip Dietetics (NZRD)
MSc (Human Nutrition)
Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
Exercise Is Medicine Singapore (EIMS) - Certified Allied Healthcare/Fitness Professional
Eligible exam candidates must meet the minimum passing score to attain
the Sport Nutrition Specialist Certificate. The Sport Nutrition
Specialist Exam is comprised of 150 multiple-choice questions,
proportionately sectioned to assess the requisite five (5) content
|The Sport Nutrition Specialist Exam Breakdown:|
|Nutrition & Intakes||11%|
|Physiological Aspects of Nutrition||18%|
|Micronutrients and Supplementation||17%|
|Nutrition and Physiological Adaptations to Exercise||20%|
|NCSF Sport Nutrition Specialist Textbook (Hardcopy)||282 pages of solid information anyone needs to understand nutrition|
|NCSF Sport Nutrition Specialist Textbook (Digital Edition)||Online version of textbook for your convenience|
|Full Access to Web Portal E-Learning Resources (Including Videos)||Understand better with videos & learn at your own pace|
|Review Quizzes||Helps you understand key concepts after each chapter|
|Examination Practice Questions||Gets you prepared for the final exam by understanding how questions are structured|
|Full Instructor Support||Experts from USA you can turn to to help you with any academic questions|
|Full Day Nutrition Seminar||Learn about functional nutrition in a fun classroom setting|
|8 NCSF CEUs (meets ethic requirements)||Gather CEUs to renew you CPT certification |
|NCSF Sport Nutrition Specialist Certification Exam||High passing rate|
|EARLY BIRD SPECIAL!||SGD680 (standalone price)|
|Add on to Certified Personal Trainer ||SGD599 (bundled discount price)|
|Applying SkillsFuture Claim||Pay as little as $0**|
**Up to $599 SkillsFuture + $250 NTUC UTAP claimable. Hurry! Limited time offer.
Course Title: NCSF Sport Nutrition Specialist
Course Duration: 1 day | Mode of Training: Classroom
Fee Claimable: $599 | Claim Period: Expires 31 Mar 2022
Course page on SkillsFuture website: Click here.
*You cannot make SkillsFuture claim now. Claim can only be made 2 months before practical course. Kindly register your interest here first & we will send you more information.
All NTUC Members are able to claim up to 50% of unfunded fees (max $250).
More info here.
In supporting NICA members with skills deepening programmes such as the courses offered by Personal Trainer Certification Pte Ltd, NICA members enjoy lower course fees through the Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP) which provides 50% subsidy of the balance unfunded course fee, up to $250 or $500 per calendar year (for NICA/NTUC union members aged 40 and above).
If you wish to be part of a bigger voice for coaches and instructors, please sign up to be a NICA member at: www.ntuc.co/SEP (Note: to indicate ‘NICA’ under the field for Company Name)
Find out more about NICA at: www.nica.org.sg or www.facebook.com/nicasingapore
SNS Funding Summary:
Balance Fees ($)
Up to 599
All NTUC Members
Up to 250
10 Apr - FULL
10 Jul - FULL
7 Aug - FULL
2 Oct - FULL
11 Dec (Sat)